Did You Know?
Did you know the Met Council and Hennepin County are looking at extending the Blue Line from Target Field to Brooklyn Park?
On the the Northside, the train would connect Target Field to North Memorial Hospital, running down West Broadway Ave. Learn more on the Met Council’s website.
This summer and fall (2022), JXTA’s Tactical Lab are hosting workshops with youth along the corridor to discuss youth perspectives on the Blue Line LRT Extension and anti-displacement.
In 2021, JXTA artists made visualizations and a magazine to share information with the community, and hosted pop-ups and listening sessions on the Northside to discuss the project and hear what you think.
Past Pop-Ups, Tours and Listening Sessions hosted by JXTA:
- Sat, July 31, 2021 – 11 am-4 pm: Pop-up @ JXTA / Emerson & Broadway (part of FLOW Northside Art Crawl)
- Thur, Aug 12, 2021 – 2-4 pm: Pop-up @ Lowry & Penn
- Thur, Aug 27, 2021 – 5-7 pm: Pop-up @ Broadway & Aldrich
- Sat, Oct 9, 2021 – 12:30-2:30 pm: BLRT Extension Through North – Tour & Listening Session, starting and ending at JXTA’s Skate Plaza. Co-hosted by Cycle Sisters, Hawthorne Neighborhood, JACC, JXTA, NRCC, WBC and the Metro Blue Line Extension.
- Tue, Dec 7, 2021: Listening Session with students at PYC
Contact Metro Transit: Sophia Ginis, Public Involvement Manager (Sophia.Ginis@metrotransit.org)